Wednesday 19 March 2014

TWO POSTS ABOUT WEST INDIAN QUICKS

West Indies: bit of sh*thole, to be honest

Over the last couple of weeks ESPNcricinfo have published a couple of quite different pieces that I wrote about West Indian pacemen. 

The first was a condensed account of the Tino Best tale that I’ve told a couple of times on this ‘ere blog – Smells Like Tino’s Spirit and Best Behaviour – only with the emphasis shifted from him going Alan Doolally and getting banned to my experience facing someone of extreme pace.

Blistering Best had a good reaction, too.


And this:



The other piece was a comic sally – involving a bit of research, too! – as I came up with XI English Cricket Clubs who are also obscure West Indian pacemen, inspired by a Facebook comment by someone who plays for one of the clubs. I received a nice comment on Twitter from someone from Leicestershire way who thought the area had a useful quartet:



And that's that.


No comments: